Dedication of St Teresa’s Church

30th May 1869

Source – Newry Reporter. Details of the Dedication (This Beautiful gem of Architecture will be dedicated to the worship of the Most High, on Sunday next, 30th inst.  A large amount of expense is necessarily incurred in the erection of a temple suitable for Divine worship, and, with a confidence worthy of the sacred cause, and of faith in the zeal of his beloved parishioners, this risk has been boldly undertaken by the Rev. Parish Priest.  To Know the Rev. McMahon is to know one who combines the suave manner of the travelled gentleman with the sterling, generous hospitality of the Irish pastor; and we feel certain that all his friends – we might say legions of friends – will feel a joyful satisfaction in testifying to the many public and private virtues which adorn his character by their presence and liberality on the occasion of the dedication.  The sacred music, fitted for the occasion, has been selected with great care, and will include many of the most beautiful selections from the great masters. The executive has been entrusted to the best professional and amateur talent of Newry and Dundalk.  We may call attention to…

Read more

Stations of the Cross – St Teresa’s

1st February 1929

Stations of the Cross – St Teresa’s

Stations of the Cross by M.H. Gill & Sons LTD, Dublin. These Stations were donated by different families and individuals. A plaque is placed under each station with the donors name (or perhaps who it was in memory of)

Read more

Church Bell Erected – St Teresa’s

1st January 1931

Church Bell Erected – St Teresa’s

Church bell erected – Inscription reads: O’Byrne Bell Foundry, Dublin. In Memory of the late beloved Parish Priest Rev. Francis Quinn Parish Priest 1926 – 1930 by the Parishioners of Tullyherron.

Read more

The Organ – St Teresa’s

1st January 1947

A 15 Stop Manual Organ made by Story I. Clark, Chicago USA and supplied by William Thompson 5/7 Govan, Glasgow was donated to the Church by Fr Edward Murphy PP.

Read more

Church Organ

1st January 1984

The Organ was installed in 1984.  Matth Hohner AG. Germany.  It was purchased in Morrow’s, Poyntzpass.

Read more

HLF Grant Awarded

18th April 2019

HLF Grant Awarded

A Stage 2 Award was made by the Heritage Lottery Fund. An amount totalling £202,000 was awarded to the St Teresa’s – Preserving Our Heritage Project.

Read more